In February 2014 Mt. Gox, the biggest online Bitcoin exchange at the time, got hacked. Approximately 850,000 Bitcoins belonging to customers were stolen and were never recovered, leaving the customers empty handed.
Do you want to prevent your cryptocurrency from being stolen or getting lost?!
Storing your cryptocurrency offline on a hardware wallet, such as the Trezor hardware wallet, is the only safe method to store your Bitcoins for any long period of time. Although online Bitcoin exchanges (such as Coinbase) are getting more secure everyday, there will always be a risk of falling victim to hacking (either through your personal account or through the online exchange itself). That is why it is important to keep your cryptocurrency in a secure offline environment, such as on a Trezor hardware wallet.
Advantages of using a Trezor hardware wallet:
- Your cryptocurrencies are stored offline on the device and cannot be hacked.
- The private keys to your coins are stored solely on the device itself and are never exposed to your computer. Therefore, the coins cannot be spent without the approval of the owner of the device.
- The Trezor hardware wallet is immune to computer viruses.
- The Trezor hardware wallet requires you to confirm a transaction on the actual device (not on the app on your computer) before any coins can be spent.
- The Trezor hardware wallet is encrypted with a pincode, like your debit card, which adds an another layer of security.
- The Trezor hardware wallet can host multiple cryptocurrencies.
- The Trezor hardware wallet is a device that enables you to securely store and manage your cryptocurrencies.
- No battery is needed since it is powered through a micro USB connection with your desktop, laptop or mobile phone.
- All private data is stored on the Trezor device on a persistent and cryptographically secure memory, which will not be erased even if you do not use the device for an extended period of time.
- Easy and safe to use.
- The Trezor hardware wallet offers support for the following cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, all ERC-20 Tokens, Litecoin, ZCash, Dash, NEM (XEM), UBIQ, Expanse, +200 others. For more information visit: trezor.io/coins.
- 1x Trezor device.
- 1x Micro USB cable for your Trezor device.
- 1x Lanyard.
- 2x Little booklets to write down your recovery seed.
- 1x Getting started guide.
- 4x Trezor stickers.
- Connect the Trezor device via USB to your dekstop, laptop or mobile phone.
- Open trezor.io/start in a web browser and login.
- To find step-by-step instructions on how to set up and use your Trezor hardware wallet: click here.